The compressor compresses low-temperature, low-pressure gas refrigerant gasified in the evaporator, into high-temperature, high-pressure gas refrigerant. The compressor then sends the refrigerant to the condenser.
DENSO Technology – Leading the World
- In 1997, DENSO launched the world’s first variable displacement compressor with a damper limiter (DL) pulley, instead of a magnetic clutch, making the compressor smaller, lighter and more reliable. In 2001, DENSO launched an even lighter variable displacement compressor with a resin-made DL pulley.
- In 2003, DENSO launched the world’s first small, light-weight electric compressor for an electric hybrid vehicle. The compressor can provide cooling during idling stop when the engine stops, saving fuel.
- Fixed displacement compressors
- Swash-plate type
- Scroll type
- Vane type
- Variable displacement compressors
- Swash-plate internally controlled type
- Swash-plate externally controlled type
- Electric compressors
- Others (parts for compressors)
- Magnetic clutch
- DL pulley